The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC), in its efforts to recognize and further continue promoting community building and leadership, invites its membership, community organizations, and the community as a whole, to nominate individuals or businesses to receive an award at the LEDC's annual meeting.
Please print out and use the following forms to submit your nomination:
The award categories are described below.
Negocio Socialmente Responsable (Socially Responsible Business of the Year)
This award was established in order to acknowledge and promote the importance of social responsibility within the Latino community and the community as a whole. Individuals or businesses chosen to receive this award are known for one or more of the following reasons:
- Work as a leader within the Latino community
- No public complaints about their business practices
- Honest, ethical and responsible business
- Being an excellent employer, giving incentives and opportunities of promotion to its employees.
- Known as respectful and fair with its employees.
- Provides a healthy work environment
- Provides benefits to its employees
- Generous donation of time and work to community activities
- Economic donations to community based institutions
Empresaria Latina del Año (Latina Entrepreneur of the Year)
This award was established in order to acknowledge the importance of the role women have played in the family, business, and community. Recipients of this award are known for one or more of the following reasons:
- Latina, active participant in community issues
- No public complaints about business practices
- Known as an honest and ethical leader within the Latino community
- Hard working woman
- Has a successful business life
- Known as a person that knows how to balance work and family
- Promoting the advancement of Latina women and women in general
- Serving as a role model to other Latinas, and coaching and mentoring young Latinas as leaders
Mano Amiga (Helping Hand Award):
This award was established in order to recognize the importance of support and to promote unpaid, social-vision based activities in our community. Recipients of this award are known for one or more of the following reasons:
- Active participant in Latino community issues
- Generous donation of time and work to LEDC and therefore to the community
- No public complaints about business practices, or work ethics
- Known as an honest and ethical person who primary goal is to help the community as a whole.
Negocio Ecológicamente Responsable (Environmentally Responsible Business Award):
This award was established in order to recognize businesses that have demonstrated a genuine respect for the environment by implementing environmentally responsible business practice. Recipients of this award are known for one or more of the following reasons:
- Using water efficiently
- Recycling materials
- Reducing waste
- Saving energy
- Using green and/or local products
- Reducing toxic or hazardous materials
- Educating customers on the benefits of green practices
Nominations can be sent using the form below until April 10th. All nominations received are reviewed by an independent panel who will notify recipients after the first Wednesday of May. Recipients are recognized publicly and receive their award at the annual meeting of the membership on the second Wednesday of May.